segunda-feira, 21 de dezembro de 2009

Exercises on Phrasal Verbs OFF


Complete the first part of the phrasal verbs. Use each verb only once.

1. It's so hot today. Why don't you ________________off your coat?
2. Due to a lack of interest, we had to ________________the meeting off.
3. Oh no! Look, the wallpaper is ________________________off!
4. I stayed up to watch a film, but then I _____________________off.
5. Stop ________________________off your knowledge of history.
6. Damn, I couldn't __________________that stain off my favourite sweater.
7. All the hard work finally ________________________off.
8. The company ___________________off jobs. About 100 workers were ____________________off.
9. Would you please let me finish my thought? Don't ____________me off in the middle of a sentence.









ANSWERS
Complete the first part of the phrasal verbs. Use each verb only once.
1. It's so hot today. Why don't you take off your coat?
2. Due to a lack of interest, we had to call the meeting off.
3. Oh no! Look, the wallpaper is coming off!
4. I stayed up to watch a film, but then I dozed off.
5. Stop showing off your knowledge of history.
6. Damn, I couldn't clean that stain off my favourite sweater.
7. All the hard work finally paid off.
8. The company killed off jobs. About 100 workers were laid off.
9. Would you please let me finish my thought? Don't cut me off in the middle of a sentence.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário